Energy Performance Certificates for Commercial & Domestic Buildings

Assess Ltd

Tel        0121 453 8332

Mob     07771 662 357

Email   [email protected]


New commercial buildings will require a BRUKL Report (Building Regulations UK part L) to ensure compliance with Part L2A of the Building Regulations


On new commercial buildings a BRUKL Report is produced at the design stage to ensure the building will meet the minimum building regulations using the design specifications.  Once completed, the performance of the building is re-checked and another BRUKL Report produced which includes any changes in specification or materials used in the construction process.

BRUKL Report
* Required
* Required
BRUKL, Non Domestic, Commercial Energy Assessor, Part L, L2A, building regulations part L,
  • Data about the building construction

  • Any alterations to the building that you are aware of since it was built

  • The building services (heating, ventilation, air-con, power, water)

  • Activities within the building (as defined by the planning classification)


Of course we understand that it is not always possible to gain this information so there are 'defaults' that must be use should there be anything we cannot determin, however defaults are generally set at 'worst case' within SBEM software so tend to rate the building poorly. If information can be made available to us this will almost certainly improve the overall rating of the building in addition to maing the rating generally more acurate. In addition to the data that can be provided and gathered on site there can be quite a lot of desk reseach to undertake so the entire process can take some time to complete.


TO PRODUCE YOUR COMMERCIAL EPC for an existing building we need visit the property and conduct a full visual / measured survey of the property and of course any information that you can let us have in advance would certainly be useful, we would be particulalry interested in any information that you have concerning :-



As Non Domestic / Commercial Energy Assessors Level 4 

( NDEA L4 ) we are able to assess buildings which have more complex Heating, Ventilation & Cooling systems (HVAC) in addition to conducting energy assessments for both EXISTING and NEW BUILD commercial buildings to ensure compliance to Building Regulations.


A level 4 NDEA ( Non Domestic Energy Assessor ) is also required for commercial buildings that have any of the following :-


  • Centralised Air Conditioning System

  • Mechanical Ventilation (AHU with supply & extraction)

  • Variable Air Volume System / Cabinet (VAV)

  • Fan Coil System

  • Induction System

  • Constant Air Volume System (CAV)

  • Multizone Hot/Cold Deck System

  • Constant Volume System with Terminal Reheat

  • Chilled Ceiling - Passive / Active Chilled Beam System

  • Water Loop Heat Pump System


Or the Following :-


  • Medium Temperature Hot Water System (MTHW)

  • High Temperature Hot Water Sytem (HTHW)

  • Steam Distribution

  • Demand Controlled Ventilation

  • Night Ventilation Strategy

... so can provide Energy Performance Certificates for ANY PROPERTY TYPE and have years of experience working with Agents, Owners, Architects, Designers, Builders & Contractors on thousands of standard and no-so-standard developments across the UK and we offer a FAST, RELIABLE and PROFESSIONAL service.

SHORT term payback (less than three years)

MEDIUM term payback (between three to seven years)

LONG term payback (greater than seven years)

OTHER Recommendations (general)

As Level 4  on Domestic / Commercial Energy Assessors we are authorised to conduct Energy Assessments of a New Non Dwellings / Commercial buildings and produce BRUKL Reports and lodge a Non Domestic / Commercial EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) on the Governments central Non Domestic EPC Register (operated by Landmark).


A BRUKL Report is required at both the design and completion stages to ensure compliance to part L2A of the building regulations. It calculates monthly energy use and the carbon dioxide emissions of a building and is also used to generate Energy Performance Certificates for non domestic buildings on construction and at the point of sale or rent.

BRUKL Reports & Commercial/ ND EPC (Non Domestic Energy Performance Certificates) can only be produced by a Non Domestic Energy Assessor ( NDEA ) using Government approved SBEM software (Simplified Building Energy Model) or DSM (Dynamic Simulation Model) or approved interface software such as iSBEM.

We provide Energy Assessments for :-

In addition to your Commercial EPC we will provide you with a RECOMMENDATIONS REPORT which will outline actions that you can take to improve the energy effciency of the building.

These recommendations will be categorised into :-


Please use the form below to send us your enquiry

Please use the form below to send us your enquiry